VP of Sales
Vice President of Sales
Establish the company as the leader and reference in terms of quality kitchenware, Cleaning and Organization in a portfolio of national accounts. Enhance product assortment and brand visibility at the point of sale, whilst building strong, commercially beneficial relationships with key stakeholders. Be a passionate ambassador of the brand message. This position will report to the President.
External – National Accounts Growth
- Achieve sales and expense targets for allocated accounts
- Manage of team of 3 Director of Sales and 1 Field Sales Manager
- Key accounts include; BBB, Macy’s Kohls, Target, The Container Store, CPWM, Walmart
- Drive growth in new business by expanding new categories and overall distribution base (ie Beauty)
- Effectively present new products and overcome barriers to close the sale.
- Establish strong working relationships with DMM level + and key stakeholders, to promote the company as best-in-class.
- Negotiate commercial agreements with trading partners.
- Responsible for collective monthly forecast and sales estimate
- Agree trade marketing / promotional activities with accounts
- Drive the brand through a multi-channel approach, where relevant – In Store/Online/Catalogues etc.
- Work on new business development by assessing potential accounts, and where relevant, opening those accounts.
- Complete all Action Plan activities set with line manager within the set timeframes.
- Presentation of account performance/plans as well as team performance to internal stakeholders
- Prepare monthly sales estimates to budget
- Participates as needed in trade shows, trade events, industry associations, etc.
Conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner in all aspects of interaction with contractors, consumers and JJ personnel.
Professional Skills Required:
- KPI’s – Monthly Reporting of Revenue, Gross Margin, Forecasting
- Extensive experience in a key account or field sales role, within a retail sales environment.
- Ability to manage a team
- Numbers driven (Sales and Forecasting)
- Strong planning/project management skills.
- Specialist retail sales experience.
- Service orientated.
- Detail Orientated.
- Strong communication/influencing skills.
- Creativity with in-store merchandising