Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager will help drive the widespread the company message within a broad range of media platforms. The right candidate will be directly responsible for the development, execution, and measurement of public relations efforts both domestic and international, with the goal of increasing public awareness of the company.
As a member of the communications team, you will: Lead the development of PR strategy; build and manage relationships with different media platforms, journalists, influencers and other thought leaders; and counter misinformation that might interfere with our ability to communicate with customers and achieve our mission. We are looking for a great communicator who understands all types of media and can process and navigate complex issues.
The ideal candidate will possess sound judgement, an eye for accuracy, excellent communication and writing skills, strong program and project management experience, a hands-on approach, and a proven record of generating high-impact earned media within the healthcare and educational space. We are seeking a savvy communications professional who can nurture a strong journalist and influencer network to keep the industry informed about the company goals and initiatives, and also work directly with internal stakeholders to help ensure alignment across the entire communications team. The role will report to the Chief Experience and Engagement Officer and work extensively with our Director of Communications and Communications Manager
- Lead strategy to develop public relations programs that grow the company’s reputation as the gold standard among practitioners, decision makers, and industry thought leaders.
- In collaboration with the CEO and the communications group, develop the core messaging and PR strategy along with mapping out short-term and long-term goals.
- Elevate the company to the national stage within healthcare and business media to grow awareness and brand equity among influencers and prospects.
- Manage media relations (proactive and reactive); build persuasive pitches and storylines to generate targeted coverage that supports business goals.
- Monitor company, industry, and competitive news coverage, reporting on data and trends and proactively identifying thought-leadership opportunities that can be used in compelling storylines.
- Contribute to message development that, together with other marketing disciplines, delivers a compelling and singular voice for the company.
- Support partnership launches, research, client deal announcements, and other company news with local and national public relations efforts, including press releases, media relations, influencer outreach, and other strategies and tactics.
- Support the PR efforts of educators and influencers that support the company’s mission and values. Build national profiles of key executives.
- Bring forth innovative, long-term strategic thinking, seasonal strategies, and compelling concepts that align with and support brand and product campaigns.
- Help to define the communications strategy and execute it across PR and other media channels.
- Manage, build, and enhance the company’s reputation across contexts and mediums, building the relationships and alliances necessary to ensure success.
- Generate earned media placement, drawing on experience, relationship building, and ability to tell the company story.
- Define the public relations and media editorial calendars, and work cross-functionally to drive the execution of them.
- Apply superb organizational skills to the management of high-level communications opportunities around corporate and product announcements, industry leadership, awards, etc.
- Oversee the creation of news releases (product, partnership, and corporate announcements), byline articles, blog posts, etc.
- Collaborate on day-to-day communications activities.
- Track, measure, and report on the impact/effectiveness of PR programs and initiatives.
- Own the crisis communications planning and execution.
- Proactively identify and execute PR opportunities that support the company’s mission.
- 7+ years of public relations with a consistent record securing media coverage across a variety of media.
- Minimum of 1-2 years supervisory experience or equivalent work-related experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of PR and media campaign development and execution.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; self-motivated with experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly-changing environment.
- Strategic, analytical thinking with keen tactical execution skills, attention to detail, and ability to turn complex topics into digestible, compelling stories.
- Driven, self-organized team player with demonstrated project management skills and the ability to achieve objectives in the midst of competing deadlines.
- Flexibility and openness to change, grasps the essence of new information, and identifies solutions accordingly.
Education, Licenses, Certificates:
- 4-year degree in communications, journalism, or related field.